6 Ways To Get Your Sales Team Moving
If you’d like to fail in your work as a salesperson or sales company, one of the best ways to do this is to penny-pinch on technology. This way, you’re sure to waste time and resources and fall behind the rest of the world — guaranteed.
That’s according to a recent article on Social Media Today, which discussed, among other things, the importance of investing in remarkable technology.
At Tellwise, we know how important it is to invest in better technology. It will increase your sales velocity because salespeople know who is engaging and who isn’t. It will also allow you to make improvements in forecast accuracy since reps have better visibility into who is a tire-kicker and who is a real prospect.
In addition to this technology advice, Social Media Today offered six great tips on how to increase your sales team’s productivity.
- Group similar work items together to speed up processes.
- Automate parallel or redundant tasks, including searches through your social channel.
- Save your reps time by developing a specific process for researching new accounts and prospects. Let them check social channels, Google and other resources.
- Have reps spend less time circulating the office and longer, more focused time at their desks making calls. This also means having more structured meetings in groups and one-on-one.
- Spend more time generating better leads rather than more leads. Focus on those that are qualified.
- Invest in great sales operations teams as well as truly remarkable content to get prospects.
The Tellwise Nutshell (TTN): After reading these tips, pick one or two points and implement them into your company. Pick the tip that’s right for you and focus in on that. If technology is where you’re lacking, focus on technology. If you need to structure your time better, focus on time management. This is a good set of recommendations and almost everyone who runs an inside sales organization can learn something here.
Source: Social Media Today, November 2013